10/01/2007

The Principle of Expectation and Desire

Once a friend ever wrote me this, he said:
Don't forget "The principle of expectation and desire" when you feel frustrated.
If the expectation is way bigger than desire, you will never be satisfied with the outcome.
If the desire is way bigger then expectaion, you will never enjoy yourself in the process.

I didn't really get what he meant back then.

Come to think of that, after several years, I realized that I did put myself into this dissatisfied-never feel contented circulation. Though he had pointed me about it, it wasn't very easy for me to understand the core. It's very tricky, you have to admit that.

Perhaps, I guess, if putting them on a scale. I might need a stronger desire, on a scale of 8 to even 10, so that the motivation is high enough to drive me to act; and to expect things on a smaller scale, build it up gradually to the degree which would fit the reality and the world. If I could manipulate these two well, then hopefully and eventually, I will be arriving at the place I wish to be. Sounds good, isn't it.

But, in my case, before expecting anything to happen, I might as well add the third force of power, belief. Only with belief could help me carry on my desire to put expection into visualized. That's what I truely need to learn the most.

Don't waste a good agony. I wish myself could step back to the right track soon.

No comments: